The Safety Incident Controller course is delivered virtually and is aimed as an in-company course. It provides an overview of the knowledge and understanding required to manage an incident at your site prior to the arrival of the emergency services.
The trainer is an experienced facilitator with a wealth of knowledge obtained from their work in the front line emergency services
Benefits to you
Delegates at the end of this course will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an incident controller
- Understand the principles of incident management
- Understand how to manage the stress associated with an incident.
- Groups are limited to 10 to allow for maximum interaction with the trainer
- Types of incidents including any previous experiences.
- Scene safety and assessing scenes including being aware of hazards and chemicals in specific organisation.
- Resources available from organisations e.g. ambo, HART, Police and Fire. Importance of clear info given on call.
- Role of commander – communication, having overall view of situation, delegating roles: parking/meeting emergency services, fire points/evacuation lead.
- Casualty awareness (rough numbers not medical triage), sorting access and egress points for emergency services. Keeping a log of times like incident time, call to emergency services etc and importance of documentation – delegate this roll to follow commander.
- Managing stress: Recognising stress, ways to help/get help
Who should attend?
Those people who maybe required to manage an incident at their site.
Certificate of attendance